Well, we do not fast all of us, but we all eat and love fastelavnsboller :)
Here is a #recipe of the dough (which is a key for success obviously).
I will open one secret. The dough made by the food processing machine which is powerful is the best! My hands have never been strong enough to make a proper soft yeast dough... Well, may be proffs would lough at me now.. But we are not all proffs and we choose what gives best results. Go for the machine, guys, and enjoy a perfect result!
Fresh Raw Yeast 25g
Kardemomme 1 tea spoon
Cinnamon 1 tea spoon
Salt 1 tea spoon
Melk 2 dl
Unsalted butter 75g (room temperature)
1 egg yolk for brushing
Your oven should be set for 190C and convection
1. Sift flour and mix with sugar, yeast, salt, kardemomme and cinamon. Try to avoid putting salt right over the yeast, that can bring them to react with each other which can destroy out desired dough.
2. Mix the egg and milk. They both should be of room temperature.
3. Add your egg&milk mixture to the dry ingredients mix. Let your machine working on the dough for 10-15 minutes on low speed . I used speed 2 (of 6).
4. Add butter, and let it work on speed 3 for another 15 minutes.
5. Leave the dough for some time (about 1 hour), it should double it's size. I usually get some hot water into the sink and put my pot with the dough in the water and cover with the thick towel.
6. Next step is to create small buns, cover them with the wet towel again and wait another 30/45 minutes. They will raise in size again.
7. Brush the buns with the yolk.
8. Baking time is 15-20 min
Make whipped cream. Cut the buns in 2. Raspberry jam and whipped cream between the halfs is the final step!